Miners, Lowe impress at SFL tourney
March 31, 2014
The Nevada Union boys golf team had struggled out of the gate this season, winning just one of its first five Sierra Foothill League contests. But, things may be turning around, and just in time.
The Miners placed second at the season's first SFL tournament, scoring a 408 as a team and falling just one stroke shy of tourney winner Del Oro.
"This was huge for us," NU head coach Hank Davidson said. "Hopefully we can build some momentum heading into the second half of the season."
Nevada Union's Logan Lowe tallied the best score of the day, carding a 75 on the par-72 Sierra View Country Club course in Roseville, to win the individual portion of the tourney.
Derek Frank also had a strong day for the Miners, finishing with a 78. Andrew Puleo closed with an 83, Brad Carrion ended with an 84 and Corey Cezak rounded out the scoring with an 88.
Final team scores were Del Oro (407), Nevada Union (408), Granite Bay (414), Rocklin (415), Woodcreek (429) and Roseville (435).
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier