Miners, Lowe impress at SFL tourney
March 31, 2014
The Nevada Union boys golf team had struggled out of the gate this season, winning just one of its first five Sierra Foothill League contests. But, things may be turning around, and just in time.
The Miners placed second at the season's first SFL tournament, scoring a 408 as a team and falling just one stroke shy of tourney winner Del Oro.
"This was huge for us," NU head coach Hank Davidson said. "Hopefully we can build some momentum heading into the second half of the season."
Nevada Union's Logan Lowe tallied the best score of the day, carding a 75 on the par-72 Sierra View Country Club course in Roseville, to win the individual portion of the tourney.
Derek Frank also had a strong day for the Miners, finishing with a 78. Andrew Puleo closed with an 83, Brad Carrion ended with an 84 and Corey Cezak rounded out the scoring with an 88.
Final team scores were Del Oro (407), Nevada Union (408), Granite Bay (414), Rocklin (415), Woodcreek (429) and Roseville (435).
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City