Miners, Lowe impress at SFL tourney
March 31, 2014
The Nevada Union boys golf team had struggled out of the gate this season, winning just one of its first five Sierra Foothill League contests. But, things may be turning around, and just in time.
The Miners placed second at the season’s first SFL tournament, scoring a 408 as a team and falling just one stroke shy of tourney winner Del Oro.
“This was huge for us,” NU head coach Hank Davidson said. “Hopefully we can build some momentum heading into the second half of the season.”
Nevada Union’s Logan Lowe tallied the best score of the day, carding a 75 on the par-72 Sierra View Country Club course in Roseville, to win the individual portion of the tourney.
Derek Frank also had a strong day for the Miners, finishing with a 78. Andrew Puleo closed with an 83, Brad Carrion ended with an 84 and Corey Cezak rounded out the scoring with an 88.
Final team scores were Del Oro (407), Nevada Union (408), Granite Bay (414), Rocklin (415), Woodcreek (429) and Roseville (435).
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy