Migliozzi takes 39th at state
November 27, 2012
Nevada Union's Garrett Migliozzi concluded a stellar cross country season Saturday at the CIF State meet in Fresno.
The junior distance runner finished 39th in the Division I race with a time of 15 minutes and 51 seconds, beating out 161 other runners in the process.
Juan Gonzalez from El Toro High School took the top spot in Division I, finishing with a time of 15:05, Estevan De La Rosa from Arcadia High School crossed second, and Mitchell Pratt, also from Arcadia, finished third overall.
Migliozzi was the second finisher out of Northern California competitors, finishing behind Jack Scranton from Davis, who finished 18th with a time of 15:36.
Migliozzi's 39th-place finish ends an impressive junior campaign in which he finished first at the Sac-Joaquin subsection meet and third at the Sac-Joaquin Section meet.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County