Migliozzi takes 39th at state
November 27, 2012
Nevada Union's Garrett Migliozzi concluded a stellar cross country season Saturday at the CIF State meet in Fresno.
The junior distance runner finished 39th in the Division I race with a time of 15 minutes and 51 seconds, beating out 161 other runners in the process.
Juan Gonzalez from El Toro High School took the top spot in Division I, finishing with a time of 15:05, Estevan De La Rosa from Arcadia High School crossed second, and Mitchell Pratt, also from Arcadia, finished third overall.
Migliozzi was the second finisher out of Northern California competitors, finishing behind Jack Scranton from Davis, who finished 18th with a time of 15:36.
Migliozzi's 39th-place finish ends an impressive junior campaign in which he finished first at the Sac-Joaquin subsection meet and third at the Sac-Joaquin Section meet.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at (530) 477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)