Migliozzi takes 39th at state
November 27, 2012
Nevada Union's Garrett Migliozzi concluded a stellar cross country season Saturday at the CIF State meet in Fresno.
The junior distance runner finished 39th in the Division I race with a time of 15 minutes and 51 seconds, beating out 161 other runners in the process.
Juan Gonzalez from El Toro High School took the top spot in Division I, finishing with a time of 15:05, Estevan De La Rosa from Arcadia High School crossed second, and Mitchell Pratt, also from Arcadia, finished third overall.
Migliozzi was the second finisher out of Northern California competitors, finishing behind Jack Scranton from Davis, who finished 18th with a time of 15:36.
Migliozzi's 39th-place finish ends an impressive junior campaign in which he finished first at the Sac-Joaquin subsection meet and third at the Sac-Joaquin Section meet.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum