Migliozzi takes 39th at state
November 27, 2012
Nevada Union's Garrett Migliozzi concluded a stellar cross country season Saturday at the CIF State meet in Fresno.
The junior distance runner finished 39th in the Division I race with a time of 15 minutes and 51 seconds, beating out 161 other runners in the process.
Juan Gonzalez from El Toro High School took the top spot in Division I, finishing with a time of 15:05, Estevan De La Rosa from Arcadia High School crossed second, and Mitchell Pratt, also from Arcadia, finished third overall.
Migliozzi was the second finisher out of Northern California competitors, finishing behind Jack Scranton from Davis, who finished 18th with a time of 15:36.
Migliozzi's 39th-place finish ends an impressive junior campaign in which he finished first at the Sac-Joaquin subsection meet and third at the Sac-Joaquin Section meet.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at (530) 477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)