Memorial tourney set for Father’s Day weekend
June 12, 2013
A memorial fast pitch softball tournament in honor of Larry Terronez Jr., who passed May 20, will be held throughout Father's Day weekend at Memorial Park in Grass Valley.
Local teams as well as squads from Stockton, Roseville and the Bay Area will compete in the three day tourney that starts at 6:30 p.m. Friday and carries on until Sunday. Friday will feature two games, Saturday will host 10 games starting at 8 a.m., and Sunday will provide five games starting at 9 a.m. with the championship game at 5 p.m.
There will be a snack bar serving hamburgers and hotdogs along with candy, chips, sodas etc. There will also be a raffle with prizes donated by local merchants.
Terronez was a loving father of two and an avid fast-pitch softball player.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: 2 Bruins claim DIV championships