Locals show strength at regatta
July 6, 2013
At the 2013 Go for the Gold Regatta hosted by the Gold Country Yacht Club on Scotts Flat Lake, several local sailors claimed top finishes.
In the Open Keel division, Time Bandit with local skipper Scott Mack notched a second-place finish. The Open Keel overall winner was Four Sirens led by Will Deutch.
In the Catalina 22 division, NoCatHare skippered by Don Hare was the overall winner, and Colonel Mustard II skippered by Doug Brennen was second.
In the Banshee division, Ghost skippered by Charles Witcher was the winner with Cruzin led by Wayne Cassingham placing second.
In the Thistle division, Boomshakalaka with Mike Gillum at the helm took first, and Drunk n' Thorny skippered by David Rumbaugh placed second.
In the Sunfish category, Jordan Sunfish captained by Roy Jordan placed first.
In the Open Centerboard race, it was Old Grey Mare led by Craig Lee winning, and local sailor Bruce McDevitt placed third, sailing Incoglido.
For full results of the 32nd annual Go for the Gold Regatta visit http://nccn.net/~gcyc/2013RegattaResults.html.
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance