Local prep volleyball teams face off in foundation games
September 3, 2013
The Bear River Lady Bruins and Forest Lake Christian Lady Falcons linked up Tuesday night at Bear River for a hard-fought foundation game.
In the end, it was the Lady Bruin volleyball team protecting their home court and winning in four sets, 25-22, 25-17, 24-26, 25-17.
Leading the way for Bear River was senior Kirsten Pereira with 16 kills, two aces and three blocks. Senior Teryn Rath added 14 kills and four blocks. Sophomore Savannah Wirth dished out 39 assists in the win, and Hannah Christianson led the team with 18 digs.
For Forest Lake Christian, senior captain Morgan Koch led the way with 18 kills and four blocks. Hannah Zea added eight kills and two aces, and Aly English tallied seven kills and 15 assists in the tightly contested match.
Emily Pearce led the Lady Falcons in assists with 18 and in digs with nine.
Nevada Union 3, Colfax 0
In a foundation game volleyball game hosted at Colfax, the Lady Miners made quick work of the Lady Falcons, winning in straight sets, 25-18, 27-25, 25-15.
Nevada Union got strong play from Melanie O'Brien with six kills and three blocks, Amanda Roberts chipped in four kills and three blocks, Hannah Bryant had four blocks and eight kill, and Emily Segel added five kills, three aces and three blocks.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say