Local girl wins regional free throw contest
March 22, 2013
Annie McDaniel, a seventh grader at Mount Saint Mary's Academy, traveled to Vacaville to represent Grass Valley Council 1875 in the Knights of Columbus NorCal regional free throw contest.
After winning contests at the local, district, and chapter level Annie sunk 21-of-25 shots at the regional contest to claim the 12-year-old girls championship. Scores from each region are compared to determine the state champion and her total placed her second in all of California for her age group.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier