Local girl wins regional free throw contest
March 22, 2013
Annie McDaniel, a seventh grader at Mount Saint Mary's Academy, traveled to Vacaville to represent Grass Valley Council 1875 in the Knights of Columbus NorCal regional free throw contest.
After winning contests at the local, district, and chapter level Annie sunk 21-of-25 shots at the regional contest to claim the 12-year-old girls championship. Scores from each region are compared to determine the state champion and her total placed her second in all of California for her age group.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union falls to Rocklin in league opener (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River runs over El Dorado, remains unbeaten
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union opens Sierra Foothill League play at Rocklin
- PREP FOOTBALL: Undefeated Bear River travels to El Dorado for final non-league bout
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball tops Bear River in cross-county bout
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit