Local girl wins regional free throw contest
March 22, 2013
Annie McDaniel, a seventh grader at Mount Saint Mary's Academy, traveled to Vacaville to represent Grass Valley Council 1875 in the Knights of Columbus NorCal regional free throw contest.
After winning contests at the local, district, and chapter level Annie sunk 21-of-25 shots at the regional contest to claim the 12-year-old girls championship. Scores from each region are compared to determine the state champion and her total placed her second in all of California for her age group.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home