Local girl wins regional free throw contest
March 22, 2013
Annie McDaniel, a seventh grader at Mount Saint Mary's Academy, traveled to Vacaville to represent Grass Valley Council 1875 in the Knights of Columbus NorCal regional free throw contest.
After winning contests at the local, district, and chapter level Annie sunk 21-of-25 shots at the regional contest to claim the 12-year-old girls championship. Scores from each region are compared to determine the state champion and her total placed her second in all of California for her age group.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death