Local girl wins regional free throw contest
March 22, 2013
Annie McDaniel, a seventh grader at Mount Saint Mary's Academy, traveled to Vacaville to represent Grass Valley Council 1875 in the Knights of Columbus NorCal regional free throw contest.
After winning contests at the local, district, and chapter level Annie sunk 21-of-25 shots at the regional contest to claim the 12-year-old girls championship. Scores from each region are compared to determine the state champion and her total placed her second in all of California for her age group.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton