Little League: Penn Valley Cubs open season with win over Nevada City Red Sox
March 21, 2013
Little League in Nevada County opened play Monday with the Penn Valley Cubs taking on the Nevada City Red Sox in majors action.
While the Red Sox put up a good fight, the speed and accuracy of the Cubs spurred them to a 6-1 victory.
Throwing a gem for the Cubs was Israel Gonzales, going four strong innings on the mound and allowing just one run. Marcus Baccetti finished the game for the Cubs, throwing two scoreless innings.
From the plate, the Cubs were led by Colton Bock who went 1-for-2 with a triple, two RBIs and a pair of runs scored.
Lincoln Villnow went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI for the Cubs, Gonzales was 1-for-1 with a sacrafice bunt and a run scored, and Kyle Frei was 1-for-2 with a double.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)