Little League: Penn Valley Cubs maul Grass Valley Cubs
March 25, 2013
In a Little League battle between bears, the Penn Valley major Cubs came out swinging against the Grass Valley Cubs, amassing 15 hits on their way to a 13-3 victory.
For Penn Valley, Reid Young batted 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles and three runs scored. Lincoln Villnow added two hits, including a double and three runs scored, Carson Culler also scored three runs and went 2-for-3, Marcus Baccetti had three hits and scored once, and Kyle Frei added a pair of hits and a pair of runs scored.
As good as the Penn Valley offense was, the pitching and defense was equally effective. Penn Valley gave up just three Grass Valley hits between two pitchers.
Penn Valley's Marcus Baccetti pitched three innings with eight strikeouts while giving up just two runs and one hit.
Villnow also pitched three innings with a pair of strikeouts while allowing one run on two hits.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance