Little League: Penn Valley Cubs maul Grass Valley Cubs
March 25, 2013
In a Little League battle between bears, the Penn Valley major Cubs came out swinging against the Grass Valley Cubs, amassing 15 hits on their way to a 13-3 victory.
For Penn Valley, Reid Young batted 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles and three runs scored. Lincoln Villnow added two hits, including a double and three runs scored, Carson Culler also scored three runs and went 2-for-3, Marcus Baccetti had three hits and scored once, and Kyle Frei added a pair of hits and a pair of runs scored.
As good as the Penn Valley offense was, the pitching and defense was equally effective. Penn Valley gave up just three Grass Valley hits between two pitchers.
Penn Valley’s Marcus Baccetti pitched three innings with eight strikeouts while giving up just two runs and one hit.
Villnow also pitched three innings with a pair of strikeouts while allowing one run on two hits.
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout
- CYCLING: Local shop owner builds life around biking
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Miners fare well at Roughrider Invitational