Little League: GV Giants slide past Padres
April 24, 2013
In a Little League battle to the end between the junior division Grass Valley Giants and the Sierra Foothill Padres, it was the Giants who walked off the field victorious Monday night.
With the game knotted at six runs apiece in the bottom of the seventh and The Giants down to their last strike, a passed ball opened the door for Adam Dennis who scored from second on the errant pitch, giving the Giants the 7-6 win.
Despite leaving 12 base runners stranded, the Giants got just enough offense to claim the game.
Key plays leading up to the thrilling conclusion were an RBI single from Cole Johnson and a sacrifice bunt from Caden Unholz.
The Giants also turned a double play going from Dennis to Ben Powell to Luke Cornish with a runner on third to keep the game tied.
J.T. Hobbs threw a solid game for the Padres.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs