Little League: GV Giants slide past Padres
April 24, 2013
In a Little League battle to the end between the junior division Grass Valley Giants and the Sierra Foothill Padres, it was the Giants who walked off the field victorious Monday night.
With the game knotted at six runs apiece in the bottom of the seventh and The Giants down to their last strike, a passed ball opened the door for Adam Dennis who scored from second on the errant pitch, giving the Giants the 7-6 win.
Despite leaving 12 base runners stranded, the Giants got just enough offense to claim the game.
Key plays leading up to the thrilling conclusion were an RBI single from Cole Johnson and a sacrifice bunt from Caden Unholz.
The Giants also turned a double play going from Dennis to Ben Powell to Luke Cornish with a runner on third to keep the game tied.
J.T. Hobbs threw a solid game for the Padres.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival to feature Heroes Relay, elite athletes, monetary prizes
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball