Little League: GV Giants slide past Padres
April 24, 2013
In a Little League battle to the end between the junior division Grass Valley Giants and the Sierra Foothill Padres, it was the Giants who walked off the field victorious Monday night.
With the game knotted at six runs apiece in the bottom of the seventh and The Giants down to their last strike, a passed ball opened the door for Adam Dennis who scored from second on the errant pitch, giving the Giants the 7-6 win.
Despite leaving 12 base runners stranded, the Giants got just enough offense to claim the game.
Key plays leading up to the thrilling conclusion were an RBI single from Cole Johnson and a sacrifice bunt from Caden Unholz.
The Giants also turned a double play going from Dennis to Ben Powell to Luke Cornish with a runner on third to keep the game tied.
J.T. Hobbs threw a solid game for the Padres.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial