Little League: GV Giants slide past Padres
April 24, 2013
In a Little League battle to the end between the junior division Grass Valley Giants and the Sierra Foothill Padres, it was the Giants who walked off the field victorious Monday night.
With the game knotted at six runs apiece in the bottom of the seventh and The Giants down to their last strike, a passed ball opened the door for Adam Dennis who scored from second on the errant pitch, giving the Giants the 7-6 win.
Despite leaving 12 base runners stranded, the Giants got just enough offense to claim the game.
Key plays leading up to the thrilling conclusion were an RBI single from Cole Johnson and a sacrifice bunt from Caden Unholz.
The Giants also turned a double play going from Dennis to Ben Powell to Luke Cornish with a runner on third to keep the game tied.
J.T. Hobbs threw a solid game for the Padres.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local