Little League: Grass Valley Giants best Bear River Angels
April 9, 2013
The swinging Giants of Grass Valley battled the Bear River Angels in a rematch of Little League Junior teams.
The squads had met two weeks earlier in a game that the Angels won.
The Giants did get their revenge though, rocking the Angels to the tune of 12-2. The game was called in the fifth due to the 10-run mercy rule.
Gary Menary had a stellar outing on the mound, allowing just two Angel hits all game to earn the victory.
At the plate, the Giants were lead by Adam Dennis, Ben Powell, Menary and Luke Cornish, who all got hits and scored twice.
Andrew Link added a pair of hits and a walk and scored three times.
Evan Rashby singled and scored, and others who helped the team by getting on base were Caden Unholz, Donald Cameron and Richy Comendant.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping