Little League: Big 1st inning sparks Grass Valley Giants’ rout of Sierra Foothill A’s
May 4, 2013
The Grass Valley Junior Division Giants batted around twice in the first inning, scoring 13 runs in the frame, as they cruised to a 16-1 victory over the Sierra Foothill A's.
Giants pitchers held the A's to just the one run on four hits. Throwing for the Giants were Andrew Link for two innings, Adam Dennis for 1 1/3, Cole Johnson for 2/3 of an inning and Ben Powell for the last inning.
Good plays on defense were made by Dylan Kesel in left field and Richy Comendant at third base.
The offense was sparked by leadoff man Adam Dennis who walked and scored four times. Powell had an RBI double and scored three times. Gary Menary went 3-for-4 with five RBIs. Link smashed the ball all over the ballpark, getting two doubles. Kevin Uchida was hit by a pitch and walked in the first inning and would also score a run. Donald Cameron had a base hit and scored in the big first inning and kept it going his second time up with a hard hit ball to second that was muffed. Kesel and Evan Rahsby both walked and scored in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball