Little League: A’s win high-scoring contest with Tigers
May 11, 2013
On Thursday night at Bear River, the Major Division A's withstood a furious rally from the Tigers to gain a 17-11 win.
The A's continued their dominance at the plate, scattering 15 hits in the game. Reid Zolldan lead the charge with a 4-for-4 night, producing three RBIs, including a triple.
Matthew Sandstedt was stellar on the night, notching three RBIs. Nathan Rivett guided the game from behind the plate as usual, adding two hits, two runs and two RBIs. David Aldrich locked down second throughout the night, adding two hits and two RBIs.
Nathan Van Patten pitched for the A's, notching four strikeouts and helping his cause with two hits and three RBIs. Caleb Edwards pitched four strong innings in relief, fanning seven batters.
John Pallinger came in for the close, shutting down the Tigers in the bottom of the sixth. He also added a crushing double to snag two RBIs. The Tigers were led by Mason Giordano, who went 4-for-4 on the night, including a monstrous grand slam.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later