Little League: A’s win high-scoring contest with Tigers
May 11, 2013
On Thursday night at Bear River, the Major Division A's withstood a furious rally from the Tigers to gain a 17-11 win.
The A's continued their dominance at the plate, scattering 15 hits in the game. Reid Zolldan lead the charge with a 4-for-4 night, producing three RBIs, including a triple.
Matthew Sandstedt was stellar on the night, notching three RBIs. Nathan Rivett guided the game from behind the plate as usual, adding two hits, two runs and two RBIs. David Aldrich locked down second throughout the night, adding two hits and two RBIs.
Nathan Van Patten pitched for the A's, notching four strikeouts and helping his cause with two hits and three RBIs. Caleb Edwards pitched four strong innings in relief, fanning seven batters.
John Pallinger came in for the close, shutting down the Tigers in the bottom of the sixth. He also added a crushing double to snag two RBIs. The Tigers were led by Mason Giordano, who went 4-for-4 on the night, including a monstrous grand slam.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say