Little League: A’s roll Angels, eye showdown with Brewers
May 15, 2013
A's roll Angels, eye showdown with Brewers
On Tuesday night at Bear River, the A's handed the Sierra Foothills Angels an 8-3 loss.
The A's started Mason Harrison, who went two innings with four strikeouts. Nathan Van Patten and Reid Zolldan came in for middle relief, Van Patten fanning a pair of batters to Zolldan's five. Caleb Edwards came in for the save, striking out two to end the game.
The A's were unusually quiet at the plate on the night, spreading eight hits across five innings. Edwards had two hits and an RBI and scored twice. Zolldan, Damian Christen and Jacob Whitman all added crushing triples, Whitman totaling two RBIs in the game. David Aldrich was rock solid at second, nabbing a hard liner up the middle with a diving catch for a crucial out. The A's remain just a ½ game back of the Brewer's heading into Saturday night's showdown of the league's top two teams at 7 p.m. at Bear River.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Sports
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom