Little League: A’s roll Angels, eye showdown with Brewers
May 15, 2013
A's roll Angels, eye showdown with Brewers
On Tuesday night at Bear River, the A's handed the Sierra Foothills Angels an 8-3 loss.
The A's started Mason Harrison, who went two innings with four strikeouts. Nathan Van Patten and Reid Zolldan came in for middle relief, Van Patten fanning a pair of batters to Zolldan's five. Caleb Edwards came in for the save, striking out two to end the game.
The A's were unusually quiet at the plate on the night, spreading eight hits across five innings. Edwards had two hits and an RBI and scored twice. Zolldan, Damian Christen and Jacob Whitman all added crushing triples, Whitman totaling two RBIs in the game. David Aldrich was rock solid at second, nabbing a hard liner up the middle with a diving catch for a crucial out. The A's remain just a ½ game back of the Brewer's heading into Saturday night's showdown of the league's top two teams at 7 p.m. at Bear River.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death