Lierly makes most of floor time
February 2, 2014
Nicole Lierly, a 2013 Nevada Union graduate, made the most of her time on the floor Thursday, helping the San Marcos basketball ream past La Sierra, 79-58.
Lierly played just seven minutes in the game, but tallied 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting, including two 3-pointers.
On the season Lierly, a 5-foot, 8-inch freshman, is used seldomly, averaging 7.8 minutes per game and scoring 3.1 points per game. She has hit 10-of-25 3-point attempts this season.
The Cougars are 9-15 overall and head to the Northern New Mexico Tournament Friday.
Have we missed anyone? If you know of a college or professional athlete with local ties, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier