Lady Bruins tame ‘Stangs
January 9, 2013
The Bear River girls opened Pioneer Valley League play Wednesday night with a convincing 65-48 road victory over the Foothill Lady Mustangs.
The Lady Bruins (16-1, 1-0 PVL) led 17-8 after the first quarter, 34-21 at the half and never let Foothill (6-8, 0-1 PVL) within 10 the rest of the way.
Bear River's Teryn Rath recorded her best game of the season, scoring a team-high 20 points and grabbing eight rebounds. Savannah Welz was a sharp shooter for Bear River with five 3-pointers on her way to 17 points, and Kaitlyn Reina filled the stat sheet with eight points, nine rebounds, five assists and five steals despite being foul trouble for much of the second half.
With the win, Bear River makes it three wins in a row since its lone loss of the season happened Dec. 28 against Rio Americano.
Bear River will take the court again at 7 p.m. Friday for its league home opener against Lincoln (11-6).
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed