Lady Bruins continue to roll
December 11, 2012
The Bear River girls basketball team is off to an impressive start, improving to 5-0 Wednesday with a 59-33 victory over Del Campo.
Leading the Lady Bruins was Kaitlyn Reina with 15 points and 12 rebounds. The junior post player is averaging 13.8 points per game this season.
Savannah Welz scored 12 points for Bear River, including three 3-pointers. Sarah Hagar added seven points and played fierce defense, said Bear River coach Jeff Bickmore.
Teryn Rath chipped in six points and four rebounds, and Maddie Dunn accounted for eight rebounds to go with four points.
The Lady Bruins take the court again today when they face Wheatland in the Marysville Tournament.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier