Junior tennis camp set for April 14
April 4, 2014
Club Sierra is holding a Junior Tennis Camp during Spring break, April 14-18, for players 18 years of age and under.
The camp is fun and great exercise for all skill levels. Activities include games, drills and exciting play.
The clinic will run for five days, 90 minutes per day, at $100 per player/per session, Monday through Friday. Class time is 10:30 a.m. -noon for beginners and 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. for intermediates.
Beginners will learn basic motor skills such as coordination, balance and timing, racquet and ball control and strokes. The camp will get new players up and running in no time.
Intermediates will build on prior tennis experience to excel, improve technique and play action-packed singles and doubles. They will learn different strokes, footwork and strategy.
"The art of playing tennis builds confidence while having fun and getting exercise. Tennis teaches kids many great life lessons in an engaging environment," said Cheryl Rubin, a Club Sierra teaching pro running the camp.
To confirm space availability, contact Rubin at 530-210-9913. Sign up no later than one week prior to the start of camp and fill out a form at Club Sierra to turn into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 West Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths