Jr. Miner cheer teams claim JAMZ titles
October 22, 2013
In mid-October, the Nevada Union Jr. Miner cheerleaders traveled to Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo for the annual JAMZ Kingdom Classic Cheer competition.
Teams that score high enough in this competition earn an invitation to compete at the JAMZ national competition in Las Vegas. That's just what the Jr. Miner cheer squads accomplished.
Four teams from the Jr. Miner cheer program placed at the competition with the Jr. Pee Wee and Pee Wee squads taking home the first-place trophy in their respective age groups. The Jr. Midget and Midget Jr. Miner cheer teams took home third place in their respective age groups.
To prepare for this competition the Jr. Miners' Mighty Mite and Jr. Pee Wee cheer squads joined together to form a larger competition squad. The girls worked hard to learn, perfect and perform a new routine that won them a first-place title and an invitation to compete in nationals in 2014. The girls had an amazing coaching staff, including Nevada Union High School cheer instructors who created the routine and worked with the 14 girls for six-plus hours a week to make this win a reality. The girls look forward to the possibility of traveling to Las Vegas with the other Jr Miners cheer squads to compete in nationals. Watch out for these girls to continue to rock the floor in February at nationals. For more on the Jr. Miner cheer teams, visit their Facebook page Nevada Union Jr. Miners Youth Football & Cheer or at their website, http:// nujuniorminers.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union falls to Rocklin in league opener (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River runs over El Dorado, remains unbeaten
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon brings community together, raises funds to fight breast cancer
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River, Placer face off in league opener
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball tops Bear River in cross-county bout
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants