Jeanson earns win at Summer Bash
July 4, 2013
Nevada County mixed martial arts fighter Lisa Jeanson went to the "Summer Bash," a California Black Belt League tournament in Turlock Saturday, and left with the no gi jiu jitsu title in her weight class.
Fighting at 115 pounds, Jeanson handled her opponent, winning by points in a five minute one-round match.
Jeanson said she really had to work hard for her points and that her opponent, who trains at Gracie Jiu Jitsu out of Stockton, was a tough competitor.
Jeanson, who owns PowerHouse MMA Training Center in Grass Valley, said she will continue to do grappling tournament and work with wrestlers as she prepares for her next cage fight.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier