Intensity sizzles at tourney
August 19, 2013
The 12U Nevada County Intensity girls softball team won the Summer Sizzler softball tournament in Sacramento over the weekend, going 6-0 in the tourney.
Front row from left: Mallory Borrego and Jaycee Parman. Middle row from left: Lexi Blackston, Bailey McNew, Emma Karsikas, Kaitlyn Maddux and Mackenzie Enos. Back row from left: Coach James Toft, Kayla Toft, Taylor Borges, coach Mike Karsikas, Catherine Renner, Emerson Dunbar and coach Glenn Parman.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later