INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi unveils new line of merchandise
June 19, 2017
LOS ANGELES — IndyCar driver Alexander Rossi launched a new line of clothing and merchandise this week. The designs, which will be limited in release this summer, are inspired by both Rossi's roots, and his new home-away-from-home.
"I wanted designs that were 'Cali-inspired' in how they looked, but also Indy-related themes," said Rossi, a Nevada City native. "California is my original home, but Indianapolis is my new home, and obviously a place that grew on me pretty quick."
The rookie winner of the 2016 Indianapolis 500, Rossi won the race in dramatic style with a never-before-done fuel saving strategy that had him crossing the line on fumes. The team's co-owner, and Rossi's race strategist, Bryan Herta is well known for his radio communications during laps in the final stint.
"As everyone on the No. 98 crew was quite nervous with our fuel situation that day, Bryan continued to say 'Clutch and coast! Clutch and coast!' over and over," said Rossi. "It's a great memory and something race fans like to talk about. So, it's been incorporated into my designs with the 'Clutch & Chill' tag line. Definitely California plus Indy. It's getting a lot of buzz so far."
New designs will be released monthly, and Rossi hopes fans will get involved.
"The designs I like are very simple, with current trends and muted color fabrics," said Rossi. "Of course, I'm excited to see what people like the best, but I also want to hear fan feedback on my social media too. And stay tuned for a future fan design contest coming soon."
To shop Rossi's store, visit https://www.theloyalist.com/alexanderrossi. Fans can post their feedback and ideas on his Facebook page or Twitter. Rossi is currently running a limited-time-only special on a few patriotic-themed T-shirts, just in time for the Fourth of July. Those who buy by July 4 will receive a 15 percent promo code good for a future purchase.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- NBA DRAFT: Kings take De’Aaron Fox, Justin Jackson and Harry Giles in 1st round
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi unveils new line of merchandise
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County