Hunger 5K/10K marks 7th stop on Gold Country Grand Prix
September 7, 2013
With seven races in the books and four left on the Gold Country Grand Prix schedule, the Race to End Hunger 5K/10K offers the next chance for runners to earn points and, in the process, help out the community.
The fifth annual Race to End Hunger is presented by the Food Bank of Nevada County and will take place Saturday in Nevada City.
The scenic course starts off at Gold Run School and takes runners through downtown Nevada City to American Hill and out Old Downieville Highway. The run will be on both street pavement and trails.
The race gets started at 8:30 a.m., registration opens at 7 a.m., and the cost is $25, which includes a tote bag while supplies last. Participants are also asked to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Nevada County Food Bank. Money and canned goods raised by the run go back into the community via the Nevada County Food Bank.
There will be food before and after the race as well as festivities at the conclusion.
For information on the Race to End Hunger contact Heather Bullis-Cruz at 530-277-8398 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier