Hunger 5K/10K marks 7th stop on Gold Country Grand Prix
September 7, 2013
With seven races in the books and four left on the Gold Country Grand Prix schedule, the Race to End Hunger 5K/10K offers the next chance for runners to earn points and, in the process, help out the community.
The fifth annual Race to End Hunger is presented by the Food Bank of Nevada County and will take place Saturday in Nevada City.
The scenic course starts off at Gold Run School and takes runners through downtown Nevada City to American Hill and out Old Downieville Highway. The run will be on both street pavement and trails.
The race gets started at 8:30 a.m., registration opens at 7 a.m., and the cost is $25, which includes a tote bag while supplies last. Participants are also asked to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Nevada County Food Bank. Money and canned goods raised by the run go back into the community via the Nevada County Food Bank.
There will be food before and after the race as well as festivities at the conclusion.
For information on the Race to End Hunger contact Heather Bullis-Cruz at 530-277-8398 or by email at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location