Hundreds ring in new year with Resolve2Run 5K/10K
January 6, 2014
Almost 200 runners and walkers gathered on Jan. 1 to welcome the New Year with a healthy lifestyle by participating in Resolve2Run 5k/10k race that took place in Chicago Park.
At 9 a.m. the run took off with a brisk pace and 20 minutes, and 53 seconds later the first runner, Herve Pastre, crossed the finish line with the fastest male 5k time and overall fastest time. Right behind and with an incredible time as well with the fastest women's 5k was Kirsten Dutton in 24:57. The competition kept going with the fastest 10k time at 40:33 minutes by Jim Pelton and not far behind with the fastest women's 10k Tianna Rockwell came in with a time of 47:54 minutes. Fastest or not the competitors were all inspiring as each made resolutions to make 2014 the best yet with healthy lifestyle choices. They Resolved 2 Run!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle to finish drives, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Junior Miners start fast, top Rio Linda
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union set to face Granite Bay at Hooper Stadium
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site