Hundreds ring in new year with Resolve2Run 5K/10K
January 6, 2014
Almost 200 runners and walkers gathered on Jan. 1 to welcome the New Year with a healthy lifestyle by participating in Resolve2Run 5k/10k race that took place in Chicago Park.
At 9 a.m. the run took off with a brisk pace and 20 minutes, and 53 seconds later the first runner, Herve Pastre, crossed the finish line with the fastest male 5k time and overall fastest time. Right behind and with an incredible time as well with the fastest women’s 5k was Kirsten Dutton in 24:57. The competition kept going with the fastest 10k time at 40:33 minutes by Jim Pelton and not far behind with the fastest women’s 10k Tianna Rockwell came in with a time of 47:54 minutes. Fastest or not the competitors were all inspiring as each made resolutions to make 2014 the best yet with healthy lifestyle choices. They Resolved 2 Run!
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy