Holland, Nevada Union carve up Alpine Meadows
January 28, 2014
The Nevada Union snowboard team had its first giant slalom event of the season, and much like the earlier slalom races, it was senior Celine Holland leading the pack.
Holland was the fastest female boarder on the day, racing at Alpine Meadows, she finished first in the girls race with a two race combined time of 1 minute, 2.91 seconds. Nevada Union's second finisher, and placing third overall was Faith Robichaud with a time of 1:12. Michaela Haemmig (1:24.64) placed eighth for NU, giving the Lady Miners three boarders in the top 10. Rounding out the point positions for NU was Sophie Smith in 17th with a time of 1:36.4. The Lady Miners finished first as a team in the girls' races.
On the boys side, Brad Carrion was the top NU finisher with a time of 1:13. Luca Innocenti was the next Miner to place, taking 17th at 1:16.57. Simon Nielson (1:19.21) placed 25th for NU, and Erik Whatley was 26th with a time of 1:19.31. The boys team placed fourth.
The Miners are back at it Monday, again at Alpine Meadows.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle to finish drives, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Gough, Nevada Union enjoying stellar season
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation