Historical Society photo documents wagon trip from Grass Valley to Tahoe
March 13, 2013
Nevada County Historical Society
Join us for our Speaker Night presentation on Thursday March 21, when Carolyn Jones-Rogers, our Historical Society's vice-president, will show photographs of her great-uncle's 1914 horse-drawn wagon trip from Grass Valley to Lake Tahoe by way of Henness Pass. Carolyn will begin by providing some background information on her relative, Leonard Body. In the album titled "Camping Trip Views" young Leonard and four of his friends have some wholesome adventures while showing us how to have a good time in rugged terrain. Among the places they visit are Graniteville, Lake Faucherie, Jackson Meadows and Lake Tahoe. The photographs are informative and refreshing in their innocence. Hank Meals, local historian and author of "The River," will assist Carolyn with providing comments on the locations in their travels. The Presentation will be in the Conference Room of the Madelyn Helling Library. It is open for public attendance and admission is free. Refreshments are provided. Presentation starts at 7 p.m. and lasts approximately one hour.
For more NCHS information, visit http://www.NevadaCountyHistory.org or contact President Daniel Ketcham at 530-477-8056.
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed