Historical Society photo documents wagon trip from Grass Valley to Tahoe
March 13, 2013
Nevada County Historical Society
Join us for our Speaker Night presentation on Thursday March 21, when Carolyn Jones-Rogers, our Historical Society's vice-president, will show photographs of her great-uncle's 1914 horse-drawn wagon trip from Grass Valley to Lake Tahoe by way of Henness Pass. Carolyn will begin by providing some background information on her relative, Leonard Body. In the album titled "Camping Trip Views" young Leonard and four of his friends have some wholesome adventures while showing us how to have a good time in rugged terrain. Among the places they visit are Graniteville, Lake Faucherie, Jackson Meadows and Lake Tahoe. The photographs are informative and refreshing in their innocence. Hank Meals, local historian and author of "The River," will assist Carolyn with providing comments on the locations in their travels. The Presentation will be in the Conference Room of the Madelyn Helling Library. It is open for public attendance and admission is free. Refreshments are provided. Presentation starts at 7 p.m. and lasts approximately one hour.
For more NCHS information, visit http://www.NevadaCountyHistory.org or contact President Daniel Ketcham at 530-477-8056.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County