Gymnastics: Gold Country boys take talents to Stanford Open
February 11, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnastics boys team showcased its talents in Palo Alto at the 2013 Stanford Open.
In Level 10, Steven Whittlesey scored 12.2 in the floor exercise and an 11.9 on the parallel bars and finished with an all-around 67.2.
In Level 9, Nathan Hunt tallied a 12.8 in the floor exercise and an 11.1 on the rings and finished with an all-around 60.2. Aidan Arthur scored an 11.4 in the floor exercise and a 10.8 on the vault and ended with an all-around 59.7.
In Level 8, Josh Cooley scored an 11.8 in the floor exercise and a 10.7 on the vault and finished with an all-around score of 59.9.
In Level 7, Rhett Miller notched a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.2 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 54.7.
In Level 6, Nathan Arthur scored an 8.9 on the pommel horse and an 8.7 on the vault and ended with an all-around score of 48.9. Jeffery Wagnecht scored an 8.0 on the vault and a 7.9 on the rings and finished with an all-around 41.6.
And rounding things out, in Level 5, Chance Bacon scored a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.0 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 49.9.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- PREP FOOTBALL: Reasons to get excited about Bear River football in 2017
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash