Gymnastics: Gold Country boys take talents to Stanford Open
February 11, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnastics boys team showcased its talents in Palo Alto at the 2013 Stanford Open.
In Level 10, Steven Whittlesey scored 12.2 in the floor exercise and an 11.9 on the parallel bars and finished with an all-around 67.2.
In Level 9, Nathan Hunt tallied a 12.8 in the floor exercise and an 11.1 on the rings and finished with an all-around 60.2. Aidan Arthur scored an 11.4 in the floor exercise and a 10.8 on the vault and ended with an all-around 59.7.
In Level 8, Josh Cooley scored an 11.8 in the floor exercise and a 10.7 on the vault and finished with an all-around score of 59.9.
In Level 7, Rhett Miller notched a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.2 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 54.7.
In Level 6, Nathan Arthur scored an 8.9 on the pommel horse and an 8.7 on the vault and ended with an all-around score of 48.9. Jeffery Wagnecht scored an 8.0 on the vault and a 7.9 on the rings and finished with an all-around 41.6.
And rounding things out, in Level 5, Chance Bacon scored a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.0 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 49.9.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws