Gymnastics: Gold Country boys take talents to Stanford Open
February 11, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnastics boys team showcased its talents in Palo Alto at the 2013 Stanford Open.
In Level 10, Steven Whittlesey scored 12.2 in the floor exercise and an 11.9 on the parallel bars and finished with an all-around 67.2.
In Level 9, Nathan Hunt tallied a 12.8 in the floor exercise and an 11.1 on the rings and finished with an all-around 60.2. Aidan Arthur scored an 11.4 in the floor exercise and a 10.8 on the vault and ended with an all-around 59.7.
In Level 8, Josh Cooley scored an 11.8 in the floor exercise and a 10.7 on the vault and finished with an all-around score of 59.9.
In Level 7, Rhett Miller notched a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.2 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 54.7.
In Level 6, Nathan Arthur scored an 8.9 on the pommel horse and an 8.7 on the vault and ended with an all-around score of 48.9. Jeffery Wagnecht scored an 8.0 on the vault and a 7.9 on the rings and finished with an all-around 41.6.
And rounding things out, in Level 5, Chance Bacon scored a 9.5 on the rings and a 9.0 on the parallel bars and closed with an all-around 49.9.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River set to clash with Colfax
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union hits the road to grapple with Granite Bay
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout