Grass Valley Little League Opening Day and pancake breakfast set for Saturday
March 27, 2014
The Grass Valley Little League is set for another year of youth baseball as youngsters oil up their gloves and work on their swings in anticipation for the 2014 season.
Opening Day festivities for the GVLL will take place at Condon Park on Saturday with a pancake breakfast getting things started. The breakfast will be served in the Love Building at Condon Park, starting at 8 a.m and running til 10:45 a.m. and is $6 per person or $20 for a family of four.
The Opening Day parade and other festivities take place at 11:45 a.m. with games to follow, starting at 1 p.m. and ending around 9 p.m. There will be 29 of GVLL's 31 teams in action throughout the day, and Grass Valley Police Chief John Foster will throw out the first pitch.
The public is invited to attend the event.
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed