Grass Valley Little League Opening Day and pancake breakfast set for Saturday
March 27, 2014
The Grass Valley Little League is set for another year of youth baseball as youngsters oil up their gloves and work on their swings in anticipation for the 2014 season.
Opening Day festivities for the GVLL will take place at Condon Park on Saturday with a pancake breakfast getting things started. The breakfast will be served in the Love Building at Condon Park, starting at 8 a.m and running til 10:45 a.m. and is $6 per person or $20 for a family of four.
The Opening Day parade and other festivities take place at 11:45 a.m. with games to follow, starting at 1 p.m. and ending around 9 p.m. There will be 29 of GVLL's 31 teams in action throughout the day, and Grass Valley Police Chief John Foster will throw out the first pitch.
The public is invited to attend the event.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claim multiple tourney titles
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle offensively, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site