Golf tourney raises $13K for Hospice of the Foothills
June 19, 2013
It was a beautiful morning June 6 — not only because of the clear, sunny skies but because Hospice of the Foothills received a generous donation in the amount of $13,600 from the Alta Sierra Women's Golf Club.
On April 14, the Alta Sierra Women's Golf Club hosted its sixth annual Charity Golf Tournament. This year, Hospice of the Foothills was chosen as the beneficiary, and thanks to the hard work of event chairwoman Debe Wilson and committee members Barbara Quinn, Marti Jones, Glenda Barrilleaux, Kathleen Cravy, Kathleen Brady, Vida Fassler, Barb Hankins, Barbara Kidder, Edy Putz, Jo-Ann Hinchcliff, Carolyn Howell, Diana Garbin and Constance Giggey, the event was completely sold out with 144 golfers. It was the first time guests, sponsors and Hospice of the Foothills team members were also invited to participate in the golfing.
Many local business members and private citizens supported this successful event with tee sponsorship, 'in memory of' green sponsorship, chipping and putting contests, on-course libations, donations of products and services and a silent auction.
John Renslow, club manager, and Doreen Lewellen, captain of the ladies group, were both instrumental in the success of the event and were extremely pleased with the outcome.
Executive director Vanessa Bengston and development director Mark Waters from Hospice of the Foothills were on hand to accept the donation from Wilson and many of the club members.
If you would like more information about Hospice of the Foothills, please visit our website at http://hofo.org or call us at 530-272-5739.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball