Golf tournament raises $1,400 for SNMH
November 4, 2012
The Nevada County Country Club Women's Group held their annual cancer tournament Oct. 16. All proceeds, which exceeded $1,400.00, will go to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Cancer Center Support Groups. These programs are non-funded and help families, caregivers, patients and children with counseling and activities.
First-place winners were Gloria Dalke, Andi Davis, Shirley Matlock and Trudy Crough-Phillips. Second-place went to Chris Elko, Marge Gassaway, Jane Parsons and Mary Kloss. In third-place was Debbie Scott, Elsa Silbert, Sharon Russell and Barb McNeil.
If you would like to submit a photo or story to the Sports department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4232.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claim multiple tourney titles
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans