Golf tournament raises $1,400 for SNMH
November 4, 2012
The Nevada County Country Club Women's Group held their annual cancer tournament Oct. 16. All proceeds, which exceeded $1,400.00, will go to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Cancer Center Support Groups. These programs are non-funded and help families, caregivers, patients and children with counseling and activities.
First-place winners were Gloria Dalke, Andi Davis, Shirley Matlock and Trudy Crough-Phillips. Second-place went to Chris Elko, Marge Gassaway, Jane Parsons and Mary Kloss. In third-place was Debbie Scott, Elsa Silbert, Sharon Russell and Barb McNeil.
If you would like to submit a photo or story to the Sports department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4232.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County