Gold Country tumbles home with top finishes
October 16, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnasts took their tumbling talents to Miyagi's Gymnastics Academy in Auburn and returned with several top finishes.
In Level 3, Cali Fellows impressed in the vault with a 9.2, earning her first place in the event. She also took first in the beam with an 8.775 and was first overall with an all-around score of 34.150.
Also in Level 3, Elizabeth Harris shined with a second in bars (8.5) and a third on vault (8.9) to finish sixth all around.
Other Level 3 competitors who had strong performances were Emily Starnes with a third in the bars (8.3) and a fourth on the floor (8.4) to finish seventh overall; Elsie Luisetti took fifth in the vault and sixth in the beam; Nora Mathews placed fifth in the beam; and Sarah Runion placed seventh on the bars and beam to round out the Level 3 competitors in the younger division.
In the older Level 3 division, Sierra Payne led Gold Country with a first in the bars (9), second on the beam and floor, and she took home first in the all around with a 35.7.
In Level 4, Skyler Meinholz was second in the bars (9.2) and seventh all around. Samantha Gobert took eighth on the beam, floor, bars and all around. Amira Afshartabar took eighth on the beam and finished 10th all around. Megan Kiser received an 8.1 in the floor and closed in 11th all around. Linden Lovett was able to compete in all four events for the first time since an injury. Katelyn Carter also competed in all four events for the first time this season and improved upon her other outings.
In the younger Level 4 age group, Ali Vandra tallied a 9.125 in the floor exercise and finished eighth all around. Ayla Black improved on her previous outings with an 8.625 on the floor and an 8 on the bars.
The Level 4 girls placed third as a team.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws