Gold Country shines at Oroville Invite
January 31, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnastics boys team had a stellar performance at the 2013 Oroville Invitational, bringing home first-place finishes in several events.
In Level 10, Steven Whittlesey blew the competition away taking first-place all-around with a final score of 72.3. Whittlesey finished first in parallel bars (13.4), the vault (12.7) and took second in the floor exercise event (13.0).
In Level 9, Nathan Hunt was first in the parallel bars event (13.2), scored 10.4 in the pommel horse event, and finished with an all-around 62.4.
Also in Level 9, Aiden Arthur scored a 10.4 in the vault, 10.2 in the floor exercise and tallied an all-around 53.
In Level 7, Rhett Miller notched a first-place tie in the vault (11.5), a second-place finish on the rings (9.7) and concluded with an all-around score of 53.1.
In Level 8, Joshua Cooley placed second in the floor exercise (12.1), scored an 11.2 in the vault and finished with an all-around of 61.9.
In Level 6, Nathan Arthur scored a 9.3 in the pommel horse, a 8.5 in the vault and ended with an all-around score of 50.3
Jeffery Wagnecht, also in Level 6, scored an 8.6 in the rings, a 8.2 in the pommel and finished with an all-around score of 45.
In Level 5, Chance Bacon scored an 8.6 in the rings, an 8.3 in the vault and concluded with an all-around score of 46.7.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- INDYCAR: Q-and-A with reigning Indy 500 champ Alexander Rossi
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say