Gold Country shines at Oroville Invite
January 31, 2013
The Gold Country Gymnastics boys team had a stellar performance at the 2013 Oroville Invitational, bringing home first-place finishes in several events.
In Level 10, Steven Whittlesey blew the competition away taking first-place all-around with a final score of 72.3. Whittlesey finished first in parallel bars (13.4), the vault (12.7) and took second in the floor exercise event (13.0).
In Level 9, Nathan Hunt was first in the parallel bars event (13.2), scored 10.4 in the pommel horse event, and finished with an all-around 62.4.
Also in Level 9, Aiden Arthur scored a 10.4 in the vault, 10.2 in the floor exercise and tallied an all-around 53.
In Level 7, Rhett Miller notched a first-place tie in the vault (11.5), a second-place finish on the rings (9.7) and concluded with an all-around score of 53.1.
In Level 8, Joshua Cooley placed second in the floor exercise (12.1), scored an 11.2 in the vault and finished with an all-around of 61.9.
In Level 6, Nathan Arthur scored a 9.3 in the pommel horse, a 8.5 in the vault and ended with an all-around score of 50.3
Jeffery Wagnecht, also in Level 6, scored an 8.6 in the rings, a 8.2 in the pommel and finished with an all-around score of 45.
In Level 5, Chance Bacon scored an 8.6 in the rings, an 8.3 in the vault and concluded with an all-around score of 46.7.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- PREP FOOTBALL: Reasons to get excited about Bear River football in 2017
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton