Gold country lacrosse offers skill school before spring season
October 15, 2012
The Stampede skill school is available to new players of all ages at Nevada Union High School on the second and fourth Saturdays in October, November and December from 9-11 a.m. Equipment is free for a trial period, and experienced Stampede coaches teach players the five basic skills and how to have fun improving themselves on their own, or with a partner. Parents who want to help out as a partner can also borrow the equipment.
The eighth Stampede season will start practices in January and February and games will be scheduled for March through mid-May. The youngest team – second through fourth
grade – play co-ed intramural games on local school fields. The Middle and High School teams play about half their games at Hooper Stadium and half are away in the greater Sacramento area.
Registration for the 2013 season is now open at http://www.gcstampede.com. For more information please call Mike Abreu, registrar at (530) 477-6601.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding