Gold Country Gymnasts earn state bids at 2013 Foothill Classic
March 18, 2013
Gold Country Gymnastics hosted the 2013 Foothill Classic with several local gymnasts notching top-five performances and bids for the state competition.
In USAG Level 10, Katherine Magill competed in her final local meet before heading off to college. Magill scored a 9 in the floor exercise, an 8.65 on the vault and an 8.375 on the beam. Magill also competed on the bars for the first time after a serious injury to her arm in last year's national championships. Magill scored a 7 on the bars and finished with an all-around 33.025, qualifying her to compete in the state competition.
On the boys side, Rhett Miller, competing in Level 7, Josh Cooley, Competing in Level 8, Nathan Hunt, competing in Level 9, and Aiden Arthur, also in Level 9, qualified to compete at the state meet.
In the Xcel Gold Program, Gold Country Gymnasts tallied a combined seven top-three finishes in individual events.
In the Xcel Gold Program, Makayla Whittington placed first on the beam with a score of 8.825 and finished with an all-around 33.27. Kaia Smith took third on the beam with an 8.25 and tallied an all-around score of 32.325.
In the Xcel Gold Program for younger participants, Skyler Meinholz placed third on the beam with an 8.175 and closed with an all-around score of 32.457.
In the Xcel Gold Program for more experienced gymnasts, Jessica Gunsalus placed second on the beam and finished with an all-around 34.025. Fayth Woodward was second on the bars and tallied an all-around of 33.675. Peyton White took third on the vault with a 9.1 and third on the bars with an 8.625 and scored an all-around 34.475. Bethany Sumner finished with an all-around 33.175.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville