Gold Country 4th at Jewels City
May 1, 2013
The talented tumblers on the Gold Country Gymnastics USAIGC Silver team tallied several top-three finishes individually and took fourth place overall at the Jewels City Invitational in Burbank in late April.
Alexa Arbaugh impressed on the beam with a first-place finish, scoring 9.15. Arbaugh also placed third in the floor exercise with a score of 9.3, tallied a score of 8.35 on the bars, finished with an 8.6 on the vault and closed with an all-around 35.4.
Sara McCormack made it two Gold Country gymnasts in the top three on the beam with a third-place finish at 8.75. McCormack also scored an 8 on the bars, an 8.6 on the floor and an 8.65 on the vault and finished with an all-around 34.
Sydney Shrader rounded things out for the team with a solid effort in several disciplines, scoring an 8.5 on the beam, an 8.5 on the bars, a 9 on the floor and an 8.9 on the vault and closed the day with an all-around 34.9.
On the USAIGC Premier team, Katherine Magill, who has battled through injuries all season, represented Gold Country Gymnastics with a 9.2 on the vault, an 8.6 on the bars, an 8.3 on the beam and a 9 on the floor and wrapped the event with an all-around 35.1.
Gold Country Gymnastics will be hosting the Spring in the Sierra Foothills meet, a USAIGC event, at its gym in Grass Valley from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local