Giving back to those who gave so much
August 28, 2014
A mid-week day at the links can be appreciated by any golfer, but when you get to hack away while supporting a worthy cause it's made all the more enjoyable.
The Lake Wildwood Golf Course played host to 144 golfers Wednesday, all playing to benefit injured veterans through programs from Patriots Honor.
Patriots Honor is a non-profit organization established in 2013 that aims to help wounded veterans.
According to Patriots Honor's website, "the mission of Patriots Honor is to empower our wounded veterans to pursue their passions in life while overcoming the challenges of rehabilitation and reintegration into civilian status."
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story