Game change: Nevada Union will open at Hooper Stadium Friday against McQueen
August 30, 2013
Know and go
What: Nevada Union vs. McQueen (Football)
When: Freshman 3 p.m., JV 5 p.m., Varsity 7:15 p.m.
Where: Hooper Stadium on the Nevada Union campus
The Nevada Union football season will still kickoff Friday, but it won't be in the biggest little city in the world — rather, in the friendly confines of Hooper Stadium.
Nevada Union athletic director Steve Pilcher confirmed via email Wednesday that the Nevada Union-McQueen football game, which was scheduled for Friday at McQueen (Reno), will still take place, but it will be at Nevada Union instead of McQueen due to the poor air quality conditions in Reno.
The Miners and the Lancers have started their seasons off against each other the past three season with McQueen visiting NU in 2010 and 2012 and NU traveling to McQueen in 2011. The Miners have won two of three contests, including the last two.
All three levels of competition will take place Friday with the freshmen teams squaring off at 3 p.m., the junior varsity will play at 5 p.m., and varsity kicks off at 7:15 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian