Foote, Seifert dive into section finals
May 4, 2013
Foote, Seifert dive
into section finals
Austin Foote, a junior at Nevada Union, qualified for the Sac-Joaquin Section Finals Friday by placing fourth in the North Section Trials with a personal best score of 387 points.
Adam Seifert, a senior, placed seventh with 380 points.
The North Division of the Sac-Joaqin Section has always had some of the best divers in California, but the diving in the varsity event was exceptional, and for the first time, the top seven divers had All-American-qualifying scores.
Jorden Gotro from Oak Ridge won the boys event. Gotro has placed third in the boys 16-18 National Championships for tower diving and has received a full scholarship to the University of South Carolina.
The top eight divers qualified for the finals in Modesto.
Josh Hartman, a freshman at NU, placed sixth in the junior varsity boys event and also qualified for the finals in Modesto.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping