Foote, Seifert dive into section finals
May 4, 2013
Foote, Seifert dive
into section finals
Austin Foote, a junior at Nevada Union, qualified for the Sac-Joaquin Section Finals Friday by placing fourth in the North Section Trials with a personal best score of 387 points.
Adam Seifert, a senior, placed seventh with 380 points.
The North Division of the Sac-Joaqin Section has always had some of the best divers in California, but the diving in the varsity event was exceptional, and for the first time, the top seven divers had All-American-qualifying scores.
Jorden Gotro from Oak Ridge won the boys event. Gotro has placed third in the boys 16-18 National Championships for tower diving and has received a full scholarship to the University of South Carolina.
The top eight divers qualified for the finals in Modesto.
Josh Hartman, a freshman at NU, placed sixth in the junior varsity boys event and also qualified for the finals in Modesto.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed