Foote, Seifert dive into section finals
May 4, 2013
Foote, Seifert dive
into section finals
Austin Foote, a junior at Nevada Union, qualified for the Sac-Joaquin Section Finals Friday by placing fourth in the North Section Trials with a personal best score of 387 points.
Adam Seifert, a senior, placed seventh with 380 points.
The North Division of the Sac-Joaqin Section has always had some of the best divers in California, but the diving in the varsity event was exceptional, and for the first time, the top seven divers had All-American-qualifying scores.
Jorden Gotro from Oak Ridge won the boys event. Gotro has placed third in the boys 16-18 National Championships for tower diving and has received a full scholarship to the University of South Carolina.
The top eight divers qualified for the finals in Modesto.
Josh Hartman, a freshman at NU, placed sixth in the junior varsity boys event and also qualified for the finals in Modesto.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial