Foote, Seifert dive into section finals
May 4, 2013
Foote, Seifert dive
into section finals
Austin Foote, a junior at Nevada Union, qualified for the Sac-Joaquin Section Finals Friday by placing fourth in the North Section Trials with a personal best score of 387 points.
Adam Seifert, a senior, placed seventh with 380 points.
The North Division of the Sac-Joaqin Section has always had some of the best divers in California, but the diving in the varsity event was exceptional, and for the first time, the top seven divers had All-American-qualifying scores.
Jorden Gotro from Oak Ridge won the boys event. Gotro has placed third in the boys 16-18 National Championships for tower diving and has received a full scholarship to the University of South Carolina.
The top eight divers qualified for the finals in Modesto.
Josh Hartman, a freshman at NU, placed sixth in the junior varsity boys event and also qualified for the finals in Modesto.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say