Foote, Lujan continue to lead NU diving
April 12, 2014
Between Austin Foote and Mikaela Lujan, Nevada Union should just throw out the old record books and start anew as the two talented divers continue to set diving records for the school.
Foote, a senior, set the school record for an 11-dive competition at the Clovis Invitational a week ago, and on Thursday set the school record for a six-dive competition with a score of 271.85 on his way to a individual victory over Roseville.
NU's Josh Hartman placed second.
Lujan, a junior who set several NU diving records last season and continues to break her own records this season, didn't set any records Thursday but did win the girls diving competition.
Katrina Herrlinger, also a junior, took third.
The final duel for the diving team will be April 23 against Del Oro. The league championships begin May 1. Lujan is the defending league and Sac-Joaquin Section champ.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers