Foote, Lujan continue to lead NU diving
April 12, 2014
Between Austin Foote and Mikaela Lujan, Nevada Union should just throw out the old record books and start anew as the two talented divers continue to set diving records for the school.
Foote, a senior, set the school record for an 11-dive competition at the Clovis Invitational a week ago, and on Thursday set the school record for a six-dive competition with a score of 271.85 on his way to a individual victory over Roseville.
NU's Josh Hartman placed second.
Lujan, a junior who set several NU diving records last season and continues to break her own records this season, didn't set any records Thursday but did win the girls diving competition.
Katrina Herrlinger, also a junior, took third.
The final duel for the diving team will be April 23 against Del Oro. The league championships begin May 1. Lujan is the defending league and Sac-Joaquin Section champ.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian