Foote, Lujan continue to lead NU diving
April 12, 2014
Between Austin Foote and Mikaela Lujan, Nevada Union should just throw out the old record books and start anew as the two talented divers continue to set diving records for the school.
Foote, a senior, set the school record for an 11-dive competition at the Clovis Invitational a week ago, and on Thursday set the school record for a six-dive competition with a score of 271.85 on his way to a individual victory over Roseville.
NU's Josh Hartman placed second.
Lujan, a junior who set several NU diving records last season and continues to break her own records this season, didn't set any records Thursday but did win the girls diving competition.
Katrina Herrlinger, also a junior, took third.
The final duel for the diving team will be April 23 against Del Oro. The league championships begin May 1. Lujan is the defending league and Sac-Joaquin Section champ.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local