Foote, Lujan continue to lead NU diving
April 12, 2014
Between Austin Foote and Mikaela Lujan, Nevada Union should just throw out the old record books and start anew as the two talented divers continue to set diving records for the school.
Foote, a senior, set the school record for an 11-dive competition at the Clovis Invitational a week ago, and on Thursday set the school record for a six-dive competition with a score of 271.85 on his way to a individual victory over Roseville.
NU's Josh Hartman placed second.
Lujan, a junior who set several NU diving records last season and continues to break her own records this season, didn't set any records Thursday but did win the girls diving competition.
Katrina Herrlinger, also a junior, took third.
The final duel for the diving team will be April 23 against Del Oro. The league championships begin May 1. Lujan is the defending league and Sac-Joaquin Section champ.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County