FLC tennis opens season with victory
March 11, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian tennis team opened the league season with a 7-2 victory over Sacramento Country Day.
Highlights from the match included FLC's Mitchell Gruner beating Emile Erikson, 6-0, 7-6 (7-5) in the No. 2 boys singles match.
In the No. 1 girls match, Lady Falcon Jessica Burnett beat Caroline Metcha in three sets, 4-6, 7-6 (9-7), 6-1. In the No. 2 girls contest FLC's Sydney Foliente beat Lara Kong, 6-3, 6-2.
The five-time reigning league champs will be back at it March 18 against San Juan.
JV: Lady Miners win 3 of 5 in Chico
At the Pleasant Valley JV Softball tourney the Lady Miners beat host Pleasant Valley, 9-8, clobbered Enterprise 19-1, and topped Shasta, 9-0.
Sutter and Lassen got the best of NU in the tourney, beating the Lady Miners 6-3 and 6-1, respectively.
In the win against Pleasant Valley, NU three hit from Alex Pussich, and Gracie Ramos, Aycee Willis and Ashtyn Willis all had two hits.
Riley Newman was the winning pitcher.
In the win over Enterprise, Aycee Willis went deep for a grand slam and Pussich added a home run of her own. Newman, again, was the winning pitcher.
In the shutout over Shasta, Aycee Willis, again, impressed from the plate with four hits, while her sister, Ashtyn Willis, tallied three hits. Quianna Arnburg and Kaitlyn Crowder also added hits in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- TRACK & FIELD: Kays/Ostrom Invite brings hundreds to Hooper Stadium
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council