FLC tennis opens season with victory
March 11, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian tennis team opened the league season with a 7-2 victory over Sacramento Country Day.
Highlights from the match included FLC's Mitchell Gruner beating Emile Erikson, 6-0, 7-6 (7-5) in the No. 2 boys singles match.
In the No. 1 girls match, Lady Falcon Jessica Burnett beat Caroline Metcha in three sets, 4-6, 7-6 (9-7), 6-1. In the No. 2 girls contest FLC's Sydney Foliente beat Lara Kong, 6-3, 6-2.
The five-time reigning league champs will be back at it March 18 against San Juan.
JV: Lady Miners win 3 of 5 in Chico
At the Pleasant Valley JV Softball tourney the Lady Miners beat host Pleasant Valley, 9-8, clobbered Enterprise 19-1, and topped Shasta, 9-0.
Sutter and Lassen got the best of NU in the tourney, beating the Lady Miners 6-3 and 6-1, respectively.
In the win against Pleasant Valley, NU three hit from Alex Pussich, and Gracie Ramos, Aycee Willis and Ashtyn Willis all had two hits.
Riley Newman was the winning pitcher.
In the win over Enterprise, Aycee Willis went deep for a grand slam and Pussich added a home run of her own. Newman, again, was the winning pitcher.
In the shutout over Shasta, Aycee Willis, again, impressed from the plate with four hits, while her sister, Ashtyn Willis, tallied three hits. Quianna Arnburg and Kaitlyn Crowder also added hits in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton