Fast pitch playoffs resume Wednesday at Memorial Park
July 29, 2014
Wednesday – RD 1
6:30 p.m. GM 1 – No. 4 seed Anything Green vs. No. 5 seed A-Z
8 p.m. GM 2 – No. 2 seed JMS Builders Bulldogs vs. No. 7 seed Dental Wellness Center
Thursday – Semifinals
6:30 p.m. GM 1 – No. 1 seed Event Helper vs. Winner of Anything Green/A-Z game
8 p.m. GM2 – No. 6 seed Gold Country Automotive vs. winner of Bulldogs/Dental Wellness game
Friday – Championship
7 p.m. TBD vs. TBD
(All games at Memorial Park in Grass Valley)
The Nevada County Fast Pitch Softball League playoffs pick up again today as the top teams in the area make their run at the title.
The single-elimination tourney starts up again with the No. 4 seed Anything Green taking on the No. 5 seed A-Z. The Anything Green vs. A-Z matchup starts at 6:30 p.m. and is the first of two first round playoff games at Memorial Park.
Anything Green, who won the league title in 2012, finished the regular season 6-5-1, and A-Z earned the No. 5 seed by closing the season with a record of 5-6-1.
In the evening's second round one playoff game the No. 2 seed JMS Builders Bulldogs will face off with the No. 7 seed Dental Wellness Center (0-12).
The Bulldogs (8-3-1) fell just one game short of winning the regular season title, but will be a force in the playoffs with a strong lineup that includes Jarrett Roenicke, Russell Bracket, Jeff Nye and Jeromy Hoskins.
The semifinals will start at 6:30 p.m. Thursday when No. 1 seed EventHelper.com faces the winner of the Anything Green vs. A-Z winner. EventHelper.com is led from the circle by Will Maddux and at the plate by Donner Walters and Daryl Allen. EventHelper.com is the league's reigning champ.
Thursday's second semifinal game will feature No. 6 seed Gold Country Automotive (4-7-1) against the winner of the Bulldogs vs. Dental Wellness game. Gold Country won it's first round playoff game Friday, upsetting 2011 champ and No. 3 seed Eva's All-Stars, 15-14. Gold Country has a nice mix of speedy young players and gritty veterans which has them poised for a deep playoff run.
The tourney's title game will have its first pitch at 7 p.m. Friday at Memorial Park. The games are free to attend.
To contact Sports Editor Walter Ford, call 530-477-4232 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say