Diving: Lujan breaks pool record, again
April 4, 2014
Nevada Union's Mikaela Lujan continued her undefeated diving season Wednesday by winning against Del Oro.
The junior set a new pool and school record with 322.3 points beating her old school record by 40 points.
"In the 10 years that I have been coaching, I have never seen a girls' diving performance that came close to what Mikaela did today," NU said coach William Heinz.
Katrina Herrlinger of NU was second with 163.5 points and Amber Doloye of Del Oro was third with 146.45 points.
The Miners diving team is currently competing in the Clovis Invitational.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- INDYCAR: Q&A with reigning Indy 500 champ Alexander Rossi
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say