Diving: Lujan breaks pool record, again
April 4, 2014
Nevada Union’s Mikaela Lujan continued her undefeated diving season Wednesday by winning against Del Oro.
The junior set a new pool and school record with 322.3 points beating her old school record by 40 points.
“In the 10 years that I have been coaching, I have never seen a girls’ diving performance that came close to what Mikaela did today,” NU said coach William Heinz.
Katrina Herrlinger of NU was second with 163.5 points and Amber Doloye of Del Oro was third with 146.45 points.
The Miners diving team is currently competing in the Clovis Invitational.
Trending In: Sports
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- CYCLING: Local shop owner builds life around biking
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Miners fare well at Roughrider Invitational
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Gridiron Miners make big impact at college level