Defense key to Fit Culture’s title run
April 14, 2014
Fit Culture Studio claimed the Nevada County Adult Sports Association A-League basketball championship in emphatic fashion Sunday night, beating CST, 89-59.
Leading Fit Culture Studio was Kevin Nelson with 27 points, K2 Nelson added 16 and Zane Edwards pitched in 11 points.
Wayne Mac did all he could to help CST, scoring a team-high 20 points, and Chris Swanson added 14 points, but Fit Culture’s defense was simply overwhelming.
CST entered the NCASA playoffs as the No. 2 seed after finishing the regular season 7-3. They beat No. 3 seed Papa Lee, 66-64, to reach the finals.
Fit Culture was the No. 1 seed after a 9-1 regular season record. They beat No. 4 seed SPD/CEI, 84-50, in the semifinals to earn their spot in the championship.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows