Defense key to Fit Culture’s title run
April 14, 2014
Fit Culture Studio claimed the Nevada County Adult Sports Association A-League basketball championship in emphatic fashion Sunday night, beating CST, 89-59.
Leading Fit Culture Studio was Kevin Nelson with 27 points, K2 Nelson added 16 and Zane Edwards pitched in 11 points.
Wayne Mac did all he could to help CST, scoring a team-high 20 points, and Chris Swanson added 14 points, but Fit Culture's defense was simply overwhelming.
CST entered the NCASA playoffs as the No. 2 seed after finishing the regular season 7-3. They beat No. 3 seed Papa Lee, 66-64, to reach the finals.
Fit Culture was the No. 1 seed after a 9-1 regular season record. They beat No. 4 seed SPD/CEI, 84-50, in the semifinals to earn their spot in the championship.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- COMMUNITY BASKETBALL: Area 51 claims B1 title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier