Dal Bon memorial tourney tees off Aug. 3
July 23, 2013
The fifth annual Dal Bon Memorial Golf Tourney is set for August 3 at The Ridge Golf Club in Auburn.
The tourney cost $100 per golfer and is set for a 1 p.m. shotguns start. The annual tournament will include a round of golf, mini-games, dinner and poker.
Golfers can play five-card stud poker game on the course as they play. The golfers will have the opportunity to use a drive that is hit by a member of Team USA's Long Drivers; courtesy of Long Drive Pros. Also, golfers can take part in the Dixon Challenge with the opportunity to hit a ball on the green with a Dixon golf ball. Dixon golf balls are the only biodegradable golf balls made today. A raffle will also be a part of dinner after golf is concluded.
For those who wish to be part of the festivities but don't want to golf there are dinner tickets for sale at $20.
The tournament has raised between $4,000-$8,000 each year with proceeds going to benefit the Hirshberg Foundation for pancreatic cancer research.
For more information, to donate to the Hirshberg Foundation or to register for the tourney visit http://www.teamdalbon.org.
Trending In: Sports
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival to feature Heroes Relay, elite athletes, monetary prizes
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’