Crazyhorse rallies to win league
October 16, 2013
On Oct. 8, the Tuesday night Nevada County Country Club golf league concluded with a decisive bang.
Going into the final night the Supes (Superintendants) were leading the league by 2 1/2 points over their nearest competitors, PLT (Pro leisure tour) Crazyhorse, and by 4 1/2 points over the team from the Nevada County Country Club. By the end of the night, PLT Crazyhorse, comprised of Tim Walker and Dave Preston, had overtaken the Supes, and won the league by 1 1/2 points. In third place came the employees from the Nevada County Country Club. It was a hard-fought win, but the championship could not have gone to a more deserving group of golfers.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local