Crazyhorse rallies to win league
October 16, 2013
On Oct. 8, the Tuesday night Nevada County Country Club golf league concluded with a decisive bang.
Going into the final night the Supes (Superintendants) were leading the league by 2 1/2 points over their nearest competitors, PLT (Pro leisure tour) Crazyhorse, and by 4 1/2 points over the team from the Nevada County Country Club. By the end of the night, PLT Crazyhorse, comprised of Tim Walker and Dave Preston, had overtaken the Supes, and won the league by 1 1/2 points. In third place came the employees from the Nevada County Country Club. It was a hard-fought win, but the championship could not have gone to a more deserving group of golfers.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial