Community Sports: Wrestler Sumner takes second at state
May 2, 2012
Goldmine and Nevada Union wrestler Will Sumner, second from right, took second in state wrestling in the 138-pound freestyle cadet 15- and 16-year-old division. Sumner went 6-1 over the two-day tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Selland Arena in Fresno.
If you would like to submit a photo, email The Union Sports department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4232. Provide full names and all pertinent caption information. Action shots are preferred, but all submissions are considered.
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout
- CYCLING: Local shop owner builds life around biking
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Miners fare well at Roughrider Invitational