Community Sports: Wrestler Sumner takes second at state
May 2, 2012
Goldmine and Nevada Union wrestler Will Sumner, second from right, took second in state wrestling in the 138-pound freestyle cadet 15- and 16-year-old division. Sumner went 6-1 over the two-day tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Selland Arena in Fresno.
If you would like to submit a photo, email The Union Sports department at email@example.com or call (530) 477-4232. Provide full names and all pertinent caption information. Action shots are preferred, but all submissions are considered.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County