Community Sports: Wrestler Sumner takes second at state
May 2, 2012
Goldmine and Nevada Union wrestler Will Sumner, second from right, took second in state wrestling in the 138-pound freestyle cadet 15- and 16-year-old division. Sumner went 6-1 over the two-day tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Selland Arena in Fresno.
If you would like to submit a photo, email The Union Sports department at email@example.com or call (530) 477-4232. Provide full names and all pertinent caption information. Action shots are preferred, but all submissions are considered.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton