Community invited to Nevada Union lift-a-thon
June 19, 2013
The Nevada Union football team will be hosting its annual lift-a-thon at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Hooper Stadium on the Nevada Union campus, and the public is invited to join the festivities.
The community is encouraged to come out and meet with the new coaches and new players as the Miners start a new era under the guidance of Dennis Houlihan.
While football players raise money for the program by showing off their physical strength, spectators can enjoy music, games and food.
There will be a barbecue dinner hosted by the Nevada Union Football Booster Club that features hot dogs and tri tip, cost ranges from $5-$8, and there will also be a "cream-a-coach" stand where for $2 you can throw a cream pie at a coach of your choosing.
Trending In: Sports
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom