Colfax suffers its 1st loss of season
October 19, 2013
For the first time this season, the Falcons came up against an offense they couldn't outgun, losing on the road 45-28 to Center.
It stands as Colfax's only loss this season, dropping the Falcons to 6-1 overall and 1-1 in Pioneer Valley League play.
After going down early, 10-0 through the first quarter, Colfax got on the board with a touchdown pass to Kyle Bryant to pull to within three.
The two squads traded touchdowns to get to 17-14, but that was as close as the Falcons would get all night. With about five minutes left in the half, Center's Tyrel Anderson punched in a rushing touchdown to put his team up two scores going into halftime.
Anderson then opened the scoring in the second half with another rushing touchdown, and by the time Colfax was able get across the goal line again with two touchdowns in the fourth, the Cougars had the game well in hand, cruising to a 17-point victory, their first win in the PVL this season.
The Falcons had been flying high and were coming off six straight victories to open the season, including a come-from-behind win last week against longtime rival Bear River. They will look to regroup Oct. 25 when they host Foothill, which suffered a blowout loss to Lincoln Friday night. Colfax is undefeated this season at home.
All stats provided by MaxPreps.com.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths