Club Sierra to host junior tennis tourney
October 11, 2013
Tennis enthusiasts 18-years-and-under are invited to play in the Junior Tennis Tournament at Club Sierra Sports & Fitness, October 26-27.
Events are boys singles and doubles, and girl's singles and doubles. The entry deadline is Oct. 21. The fee is $15 per singles player and $20 per doubles team. Tennis balls will be provided.
Level of play is 18-and-under, 16-and-under, and 14-and-under. Novice events in each of these age groups also will be held for players who are real beginners to tennis.
Winners of each event will receive a gift certificate. Tournament proceeds will benefit Women of Worth.
Players will be notified of start time(s). Scoring will be best two of three sets with a 12 point tie-breaker at six all in first two sets. For the third set, players can decide if they will play a super tiebreaker or regular win by two games.
Payment is required in advance with the entry form. Sign up by contacting Cheryl Rubin at 530-210-9913 and filling out an entry form at Club Sierra to turn into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws