Club Sierra to host junior tennis tourney
October 11, 2013
Tennis enthusiasts 18-years-and-under are invited to play in the Junior Tennis Tournament at Club Sierra Sports & Fitness, October 26-27.
Events are boys singles and doubles, and girl's singles and doubles. The entry deadline is Oct. 21. The fee is $15 per singles player and $20 per doubles team. Tennis balls will be provided.
Level of play is 18-and-under, 16-and-under, and 14-and-under. Novice events in each of these age groups also will be held for players who are real beginners to tennis.
Winners of each event will receive a gift certificate. Tournament proceeds will benefit Women of Worth.
Players will be notified of start time(s). Scoring will be best two of three sets with a 12 point tie-breaker at six all in first two sets. For the third set, players can decide if they will play a super tiebreaker or regular win by two games.
Payment is required in advance with the entry form. Sign up by contacting Cheryl Rubin at 530-210-9913 and filling out an entry form at Club Sierra to turn into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton