Club Sierra to host junior tennis tourney
October 11, 2013
Tennis enthusiasts 18-years-and-under are invited to play in the Junior Tennis Tournament at Club Sierra Sports & Fitness, October 26-27.
Events are boys singles and doubles, and girl’s singles and doubles. The entry deadline is Oct. 21. The fee is $15 per singles player and $20 per doubles team. Tennis balls will be provided.
Level of play is 18-and-under, 16-and-under, and 14-and-under. Novice events in each of these age groups also will be held for players who are real beginners to tennis.
Winners of each event will receive a gift certificate. Tournament proceeds will benefit Women of Worth.
Players will be notified of start time(s). Scoring will be best two of three sets with a 12 point tie-breaker at six all in first two sets. For the third set, players can decide if they will play a super tiebreaker or regular win by two games.
Payment is required in advance with the entry form. Sign up by contacting Cheryl Rubin at 530-210-9913 and filling out an entry form at Club Sierra to turn into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River set to clash with Colfax
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union hits the road to grapple with Granite Bay
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout