Club Sierra Tennis camp set for July 29
July 24, 2013
Junior Tennis Camp Begins July 29 at Club Sierra Sports & Fitness
Club Sierra Sports and Fitness is offering a one-week tennis camp beginning July 29 for junior players, 18 years of age and under.
The cost is $50 per player, $10 per day for five, 90-minute sessions. The camp will be held July 29-August 2. Class time is 8:30 -10:00 a.m. for intermediates; 10:00-11:30 a.m. for beginners.
The camp is fun and provides great exercise in a social setting. The intermediate camp is for players with prior tennis experience. This exciting, fast-paced class focuses on improving strokes, footwork and strategy in singles and doubles. Beginners will get exercise and have fun learning fundamentals of tennis, including strokes, motor skills, basic movement and etiquette in their camp.
Classes will be taught by Cheryl Rubin, a Professional Certified Tennis Instructor. Her background includes USTA 5.0 league, tournament, and intercollegiate play. She is a recipient of the Outstanding College Athletes of America Award.
Sign up by contacting Rubin, 530-210-9913 to confirm space availability and fill out a form at Club Sierra to turn into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 West Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claim multiple tourney titles
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle offensively, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site