Club Sierra offers youth tennis camp in July
July 9, 2014
Club Sierra is holding tennis camp July 15-19 for players 18 years of age and younger at beginner and intermediate skill levels.
Beginners will take to the court Tuesday and Thursday, 6-7:30 p.m., and Saturday, 9-10:30 a.m. Intermediate camp will be held Wednesday and Friday, 6-7:30 p.m., and Saturday, 10:30 a.m.- 12 noon.
Each camp is $60 per player for three, 90 minute lessons.
“Tennis camp provides great exercise, fun games, laughs and exciting drills while young people learn sportsmanship, team building, respect, cooperation and other important life skills,” said Cheryl Rubin, a Club Sierra teaching pro running the camp.
Beginners will learn how to hit the ball over the net, rally and learn basic strokes in a fun setting that tests their coordination, balance and timing and racquet and ball control.
Intermediates will learn different strokes, footwork and strategy in a variety of drills that prepares them for singles and doubles play.
To confirm space availability, contact Rubin at 530-210-9913. Sign ups are this week. To register fill out a form at Club Sierra and turn it into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 West Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location