Club Sierra offers youth tennis camp in July
July 9, 2014
Club Sierra is holding tennis camp July 15-19 for players 18 years of age and younger at beginner and intermediate skill levels.
Beginners will take to the court Tuesday and Thursday, 6-7:30 p.m., and Saturday, 9-10:30 a.m. Intermediate camp will be held Wednesday and Friday, 6-7:30 p.m., and Saturday, 10:30 a.m.- 12 noon.
Each camp is $60 per player for three, 90 minute lessons.
"Tennis camp provides great exercise, fun games, laughs and exciting drills while young people learn sportsmanship, team building, respect, cooperation and other important life skills," said Cheryl Rubin, a Club Sierra teaching pro running the camp.
Beginners will learn how to hit the ball over the net, rally and learn basic strokes in a fun setting that tests their coordination, balance and timing and racquet and ball control.
Intermediates will learn different strokes, footwork and strategy in a variety of drills that prepares them for singles and doubles play.
To confirm space availability, contact Rubin at 530-210-9913. Sign ups are this week. To register fill out a form at Club Sierra and turn it into the front desk. Club Sierra is located at 130 West Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death